In today’s life it is important to stay healthy and be aware of “how much am I supposed to weigh”. This is because in our fast paced lives we forget or overlook our health concerns. Further as we climb the corporate ladder, our only aim is to acheive our materialistic goals. The biggest mistake we make is to forget that if our health is not good enough, we won’t get anywhere.
Weight is a perennial concern and there are many factors which go into determining the ideal weight for one’s body type. Age is one of the major concerns which determine your weight. Just because two people are of the same height does not really mean that they have to weigh the same. To many people the concept of how much am I supposed to weigh, is highly baffling.
Like we mentioned earlier, there are various factors which contribute to how much am I supposed to weigh? They are:
• It is advisable to get your Body Mass Index or BMI checked on a regular basis. It is one of the best ways to determine your ideal weight. It is a calculation based on your height, weight, gender and age.
• Just because two people are of the same height, they may not weigh the same. The frame and structure of your body plays an important role when it comes to the ideal weight. That is why it is important to use a professional to check the BMI, as they will put your speculations to rest by explaining the factors that govern your weight.
• Some people have very narrow hips while some may have heavier or wider hips. This can also help you understand your body weight in relation to the structure. A 33 waist size on ladies and 37” for men is considered to be the ideal waist size.
• Sometimes the ideal body weight also depends on where we come from. Our family history matters a lot in determining our weight. This means weight is also genetic. Even though you look slim, your weight may be more due to excess bone weight.
• Weight is also determined by the metabolism rate of our body. People who have a higher metabolism rate remain thin and slim even if they eat a lot. On the other hand, there are people whose metabolism rate is low. They put on instant weight even if they do not eat much. Metabolism therefore plays a major role in determining your ideal weight.
How much am I supposed to weigh depends thus on many factors. Weight is one of the major concerns, especially amongst the youth. They must however remember that a healthy weight means good healthy. There is no point in trying to acheive that waif thin look as everyone cannot be very slim and thin. Thus, “how much am I supposed to weigh” is a very important issue which must be handled with discretion and common sense.